This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
October 8, 2014
Installing the Galacticraft Mod for Minecraft is not really difficult, but it can be slightly confusing. Text instructions are below and above is a video showing the install step-by-step. There are a few files that you will need to download (links are provided below). Also below is a link to the official Micdoodle tutorial. Enjoy!
How to Install the Galacticraft Minecraft Mod
1. Make sure you have “vanilla” Minecraft version 1.6.1 to 1.7.2 (Galacticraft is not currently compatible with version 1.8 +
2. You need to download and install Forge for your Minecraft version. Click here to download Forge. Select your Minecraft version. Click Installer-Win for your version. Be sure to click “Skip Ad” in the top right of the next screen. Open the file and Install Forge.
3. Now you need to download the actual Mods. Click here to download them. There are 3, the basic Galacticraft Mod, Galacticraft Planets which adds more planets to visit, and the Micdoodlecore file. Find your correct Minecraft version and download all 3 files.
4. Now you need to find your .minecraft folder. Once you do find it, I suggest making a shortcut of that folder and keep it near your Minecraft Icon. Your .minecraft folder should be located here:
C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft (where **** is your computer’s name).
As an example, mine is at C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft (Papa is my computer’s name). Make a shortcut to this folder to make your life easier.
5. Open the .minecraft folder and you should see a folder named ‘mods’ . Open the mods folder and drag/drop or copy/paste the 3 files you downloaded in step 3.
6. Almost there… Open Minecraft, but before clicking ‘Play’ look in the bottom left corner of the loader window and select ‘Forge’ from the drop-down menu.
If you need to revert your Minecraft version from 1.8 + back to 1.7.2 now is the time to do it. Select ‘New Profile’ and in the next screen you can select which Minecraft version you want to run. Select the version (probably 1.7.2), name the profile ‘Forge’ and click ‘Save Profile’.